Ever since the introduction of drone photography in real estate, the industry has become more transparent in depicting homes. With more high-definition pictures and footage being captured from innovative angles, drones are your best option to showcase not only your listing but the entire neighborhood, which could leave prospective homebuyers smitten. If you are planning to purchase a drone for real estate videos or photographs, ensure the device meets the following criteria:
- A good quality camera that will provide you professional real estate photographs and cinematic footage.
- Sufficient battery life that won’t interrupt your drone photography session.
- Flight modes that click automatic shots.
Now that you know the criteria for the shortlist, here are the recommended drones to consider. Looking to start with drone photography and videography but don't know where to start? We have curated the top tips for using drones in real estate for you.
Best Drones or Drone Photography in Real Estate
The following drones for real estate video and photography will suit all real estate needs and budgets.
1. DJI Mavic Mini
DJI, a Chinese tech company which rules the drone photography market with its innovative lineup of flying cameras. Let’s start with DJI Mavic Mini, a powerful yet compact drone that can capture breathtaking real estate footage. Coupled with the DJI Fly app, this foldable model will be your creative companion to offer a bird’s eye view of the listing.
- The camera is good with hardware image stabilization and a hefty sensor that shoots in 2.7K.
- DJI Mavic Mini is a feature-rich model that is exceptionally precise thanks to its GPS.
- Under its QuickShots category, it possesses several cinematic features like Dronie, Helix, Circle, etc.
- Weight: At 250 grams, DJI Mavic Mini is one of the best drones that doesn’t require FAA registration.
- Flight time: Almost 30 minutes
- Range: 4 kilometers approximately
- Price: DJI Mavic Mini is available for $399, making it one of the best budget drones available.
2. Upair 2
Upair is back with a second-generation drone, after its first one that did a decent job at a reasonable price. It offers unique solutions for drone photography in real estate that you cannot hate.
- With 3 sensors, one 3D, one 4K, and the third one that shoots at 16 megapixel still images, Upair Two is unique in its aerial photographic abilities.
- Its GPS-assisted intelligent flight ensures that you will never lose the drone. It flies back automatically when the battery is low and follows you on your path.
- Flight time: The aircraft can handle up to 24 minutes of flying time.
- Range: At a range of 1 km, it’s perfectly suited for your real estate photography needs.
3. Parrot Anafi
What makes Parrot Anafi interesting is the way its camera has been mounted on the drone. It has been built to withstand challenging situations, including extreme temperatures and bad weather.
- Parrot Anafi boasts of a camera that’s one of the best in the business, packaging a powerful 4K HDR-capable sensor. Stabilized on 5 axes, the sensor clicks clear images withstanding the vibrations associated with drones.
- The camera takes up the entire front panel, which allows it to record straight up and down, resulting in fantastic interior shots.
- The flight mode tab can be accessed from the FreeFlight 6 app.
- Weight: Parrot Anafi is compact at 320 gms with unfolded dimensions of 175x240x65 mm.
- Flight time: Almost 25 minutes
- Range: 4 kilometers in unobstructed areas.
- Resistance: Parrot Anafi can withstand extreme temperatures ranging from +40°C - 10°C and wind gusts of 80 km/h.
4. DJI Air 2S
DJI Air 2S is the ultimate drone for creators on the move. This all-in-one powerhouse can record real estate listings in stunning detail. DJI Air 2S is a good drone photography investment that will provide you more than just good-looking real estate photos.
- DJI Air 2S is integrated with a 1-inch camera sensor for up to 5.4K UHD video
- It is equipped with 4-way obstacle avoidance detection and APAS 4.0- an autopilot system that automatically avoids and flies around obstacles.
- DJI introduces a new feature called Mastershots through this model, for pilots to generate professional-grade footage that’s ready to be shared on social.
- Flight time: intelligent battery with 31 minutes of flight time.
- Range: 12 kilometers with an O3 transmission system.
- Price: DJI Air 2S is priced at $999.
5. DJI Mavic 2 Pro
This newest model by DJI is for drone photography in real estate for consumers who won’t settle for anything but the best. This pricey model is high on performance and is meant for real estate and commercial use.
- If you are wondering why you should go for this exorbitantly-priced drone when the market is rife with good, affordable ones, you might be right in thinking so. However, if you are a photography geek, you’ll realize that DJI Mavic 2 Pro does everything better in drone photography than its cheap counterparts. The dynamic 1-inch Hasselblad sensor features a 20MP HDR 4K camera.
- With Hyperlapse, the aircraft shoots solid aerial shots and auto-processes them, saving you immense time on the editing table.
- Mavic 2 Pro has been designed after hours of research to minimize noise, reduce power consumption, and expand propulsion.
- Flight time: DJI Mavic 2 Pro’s smart battery can fly for 30 minutes.
- Range: This beast can do 8 kilometers of operating range.
- Price: At $2000, this is one of the priciest drones out there but offers a power-packed performance.
FPV Cinewhoop is an innovative style of drones for real estate videos and photos that is small, stable, and safe. With ducts protecting the propellers, it is designed to be operated in tight spaces, making it ideal for interior drone photography in real estate.
Now that you have the recommended list go ahead and pick one among the above drones that suits your budget and requirements to capture gorgeous real estate photos that provide a bird’s eye view of the listing. If you don't have a drone for cinematic footage, a 360-degree camera like Insta360 One R or One X(V2) with an extended selfie stick will give you near equivalent cinematic footage. If you want to know about the best 360-degree cameras in the market, click here to check out our article on them.
Once you are done clicking real estate pictures and videos using drones, they need to go through a post processing before being uploaded to your listings. Luckily, Styldod can help you in the editing and turn them around in 48 hours at unmatched prices. Use our image enhancement, occupied to vacant, object removal, and day to dusk services to give your images a stunning avatar. We also create immersive single property videos from the photos. Do write to us at email@example.com if you’d like to know more about our photo enhancement and video services.
Styldod is a design-tech company that aims to simplify real estate marketing and help agents present homes in their most favorable light online by reimagining and automating the listing photography process. Having begun as a virtual staging company, today, Styldod has affordable and best-in-class products and services for every facet of real estate marketing and photography. Styldod’s suite of services include virtual staging, image enhancements, floor plans, virtual renovation, 3D renders, 360 degree virtual tours, and Matterport virtual staging, to name a few. We're trusted by over 10,000 realtors from all over the US and from companies like ReMax, Coldwell Banker, Keller Williams. Know more about us at https://www.styldod.com.