It’s shaping up to be a rough year for real estate. According to the April 9 survey by NAR, 90% of Realtors say buyer interest has “declined” due to the pandemic, and 59% of them are delaying purchases. With the U.S. economy shattered due to the coronavirus and social distancing being the new normal, it’s challenging for a real estate agent to sell homes because a massive chunk of real estate business is about building a connection through in-person interaction.
But, Can You Still Sell a Property During Social Distancing?
Selling a home during social distancing is challenging, but not impossible.There are still many people out there who want to sell their homes,and there are still many deals that are yet to be done. But in today’s unprecedented times, closing a deal will require a new form of salesmanship – virtual, which is less high-touch and more high-tech.
1. Use virtual staging to make your listing appealing.
A listing with photos of empty rooms doesn’t pack any appeal. It has to be staged. But traditional home staging is not an option anymore due to social distancing. A practical and cost-effective way to stage a property during social distancing is virtual staging.
Just send the photographs of the space you want to stage to Styldod. With the help of computer-generated imagery and a vast portfolio of trending style themes, our professional designers will help bring your property listing alive in 3D andhelp you overcome the obstacles of selling an empty home during social distancing.
2. Arrange a virtual open house.
Open houses with house hunters queuing up on the front porch are out, and virtual open houses with potential buyers lined up online are in.
Due to social distancing limitations, you can’t draw a crowd to show the home to people in-person. But that shouldn’t deter you from showing off your property’s best-selling points. Host a virtual open-house to as many buyers as possible.
To begin with, create a Facebook page for the virtual house event. Add as many people and eyeballs as possible to the online event.
On the day of the event, upload the 3D tour with virtually staged photos of the rooms, and do a digital walk-through to everyone present online. Walk them through as if you were touring the buyers in person.
3. Let your potential buyers know what you are doing to protect them during this time.
Inform your potential buyers through your social media platforms about the precautions you are taking to ensure their safety. Build people’s confidence by letting them know how safe they are when they are dealing with you. By doing this, you are not only increasing the likelihood of a sale, but you are also building your pipeline for the post-pandemic period. Some of the things you should do while selling your listing during social distancing:
- Let your potential buyers know that you have cancelled the physical open house and move onto the virtual open house.
- At some point, your buyers would want to see the property in person. When they do, let them know the procedure you follow while selling real estate during social distancing.
- If the property is occupied with a tenant/seller, ask the buyer how they would like to proceed. If they prefer to stick to virtual showings, respect their wish, and don’t push for an in-person tour.
- If you are showing vacant homes, ensure that every touched surface after every showing is disinfected.
- Encourage buyers to look at the property alone. You can book multiple showings in a day and hire a professional cleaning service to disinfect the place after each showing.
- If you are doing multiple showings in a day, place a lockbox at the entrance of the home before the showing. Set the code and share it with the buyers. Don’t forget to disinfect the lockbox. Consider leaving gloves and face masks at the entrance so that the buyers can protect themselves during the tour. Ask them to inform you once they are done looking at the property. When you return, instruct and supervise the hired help to disinfect the surfaces they may have touched, making the house ready for the next showing.
At Styldod, we know it is important for you and your clients to stay safe while selling listings and navigating the impacts of COVID-19 on our daily lives. We also know that during social distancing, there are many homeowners who are looking to sell their homes, and there are many home buyers who are in search of a new home. These deals need to be closed. Styldod offers virtual home staging solutions that are dedicated to helping you close deals during social distancing so that you can keep your business up and running.