"I’d spend ten minutes [on the phone] talking about this area, ten minutes talking about that area. So I thought wait a minute…Why not spend a day go out there shoot the area? Using your resources to tell the story and I don’t have to sit there on the phone all the time and explain it. I’m willing to, but watching the video seems a lot easier for people." This is what Charlie Dresen of Prudential Steamboat Realty (now Steamboat Sotheby’s International Realty) said about real estate videos in 2012. Almost a decade later, the relevance of videos has only shot up in real estate marketing. The number of video editing platforms has also increased exponentially, making it a goldmine or even borderline confusing to choose one. To make your life easier, we have drawn up a list of good video editing software for real estate that suits all budgets and levels of video editing experience.
Video Editing Software For Real Estate Agents
The following five video editing software for real estate agents will help you create professional videos that sell your property and grow your business. If you are a beginner at video editing, here's a checklist of 8 video editing tips for you to follow.
Animoto is an easy drag and drop video editing software that does not even require downloading. Instead, head straight to their website, upload photos and clips, customize fonts and transitions and add music to create videos. Mary Mannix, a Berkshire Hathaway real estate agent, says Animoto’s real estate templates helped her easily create listing videos and virtual tours, thereby building a stronger brand in the real estate marketplace.
- Extremely user-friendly
- Drag and drop user interface
- Licensed music library with 3000+ songs and millions of images, videos, and graphics from Getty Images.
- Easy adjustments to suit different platforms
- The free version comes with a watermark and limited templates
2. Adobe Premiere Rush
Adobe Premiere Rush is the lighter counterpart of Adobe Premiere Pro that can satisfy both beginners and advanced video editors. It is designed for on-the-go video editing. Compatible for Android, iPhone, Mac, and PC, this video editing software for real estate allows a free version with limited exports along with a paid one starting at $9.99/ month.
- The cloud sync option allows you to start a project on one device and continue it on another one.
- Suitable to all video editors of all levels
- The motion graphics feature allows you to make titles and transitions easily
- Well-designed and organized layout.
- Shift between Adobe Premiere Rush and Premiere Pro effortlessly
- The free version allows only 3 project exports
- Has fewer video effects when compared to Adobe Premiere Pro
Specially created for Apple users, iMovie is pre-installed video editing software on all iOS devices. It comes with impressive features for free software, such as adding multiple layers to videos and direct uploading options for YouTube. iMovie’s user interface is easy to grasp and prepares you for its advanced software Final Cut Pro.
- Free to use
- Enough features to create professional videos
- 4K and HD support
- Slows down when handling large videos.
- Doesn’t have social media templates
- Limited options to customize title and text
Filmora by Wondershare is reputed to add a professional touch to video projects. Its layout contains a multi-track workspace with ready-made effects and presets that make the video editing software for real estate agents perfect for small projects.
- Great video tutorials help to take advantage of all its features
- Filmora simplifies the process of adding opacity, zoom, and speed ramp effects making video editing look effortless.
- It applies the green screen effect automatically once the object is selected
- Rendering is done quickly in Filmora, thereby making videos ready in just a few minutes
- The free version places a watermark on all videos
- The Filmora Pro plan is a bit pricey because there is video editing software with better features at lower prices in the market.
5. Adobe Premiere Pro
A standard film industry tool, Adobe Premiere Pro is the Photoshop of video editing. The software contains all the latest tools required to create professional videos. Coming with a hefty price tag and learning curve, this software is not for beginners.
- Contains advanced industry features
- Compatible with other Adobe features such as Premiere Rush, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Fast rendering
- Steep learning curve
- Tends to crash occasionally
- It is easy to get lost in the countless editing options/ menus
Comparison of Video Editing Softwares
Here is a comparison of the pros and cons for each software to help you make the right choice.
The above five video editing software can help you create professional videos quickly on a budget. It doesn’t matter how proficient you are in video editing, there is software that fits everyone’s needs. Don’t forget to click here to learn the top tips of video editing. And if you are looking for video editing apps to simplify the process, here's our recommended list along with a comparison of their pros and cons.
Styldod is a design-tech company that aims to simplify real estate marketing and help agents present homes in their most favorable light online by reimagining and automating the listing photography process. Having begun as a virtual staging company, today, Styldod has affordable and best-in-class products and services for every facet of real estate marketing and photography. Styldod’s suite of services include virtual staging, image enhancements, floor plans, virtual renovation, 3D renders, 360 degree virtual tours, and Matterport virtual staging, to name a few. We're trusted by over 10,000 realtors from all over the US and from companies like ReMax, Coldwell Banker, Keller Williams. Know more about us at https://www.styldod.com.