Are you a real estate agent looking to rank your website high up on Google? Then this blog is a handy guide for you to kickstart your SEO journey. “Keyword research should be the basis of any online marketing campaign,” according to SEO expert Neil Patel. SEO improves your visibility and rankings on search engines, thereby increasing traffic to your website. A keyword is a term or phrase that defines a webpage. So researching keywords is the first step to SEO. In this blog, we take you through the top 10 real estate keywords to help you build your SEO online.
We have selected the keywords given in this blog post based on the following criteria:
- Search Volume: Search volume tells you how many people are searching for a particular keyword.
- SEO Difficulty: SEO difficulty is a percentage that tells you how difficult it is to rank in Google’s search results for that keyword.
Search volume tells you how popular the keyword is and can help you identify keywords that are most likely to garner interest and drive traffic to your website. SEO difficulty enables you to determine whether your content will be found by your target audience. Keywords exceeding 75% in difficulty are not recommended as they will jeopardize your intention of ranking on the 1st SERP (Search Engine Results Page) because of the high competition of the already ranked websites. The SERP consists of paid content (ads) and organic content. Both of them use the same keywords, but ads are given preference and ranked at the top, followed by the latter. To get higher organic rankings, it is important to choose keywords with low difficulty. Your ideal real estate keyword should strike the right balance between high search volume and low SEO difficulty.
Top real estate keywords:
For example, let us take the following keywords:
- Real estate agent
Search volume: 1,35,000
SEO difficulty: 81
- Real estate agent in California
Search volume: 1,000
SEO difficulty: 51
A has an inflated search volume and high SEO difficulty, whereas B carries mediocre search volume and moderate SEO difficulty. As a real estate agent in California serving a niche audience, keyword B will be a better option for you than A because the former will make you discoverable among your specific audience when A drowns you in the sea of content online.
Top 10 Real Estate Keywords for SEO
- Real estate agent vs broker
Search Volume: 6,600
SEO Difficulty: 69
- Real estate agent vs broker: What is the difference?
- What is a real estate agent vs real estate broker?
- Real estate agent vs broker: What is the difference in “place name”?
- Commission to real estate agent
Search Volume: 3,600
SEO Difficulty: 14
- How to negotiate commission to real estate agent
- Who pays the commission to real estate agents?
- How much commission to pay to real estate agents?
- Real estate agent for rentals
Search Volume: 3,600
SEO Difficulty: 16
- Real estate agent for rentals in “place name”
- “Place name “ real estate agent for rentals
- What does real estate agent do
Search Volume: 2,900
SEO Difficulty: 10
- What does a real estate agent do?
- What does a real estate agent do for a seller?
- What does a real estate agent do all day?
- Home staging companies
Search Volume: 1,600
SEO Difficulty: 47
- 10 things staging companies do to help sell your home
- How do professional home staging companies work?
- 15 best home staging companies in “place name”
- Cost for home staging
Search Volume: 1,300
SEO Difficulty: 57
- Home Staging: The Cost + Value of Staging a Home for Sale
- The cost of staging a home
- Home staging cost guide for sellers in 2021
- How much realtor fees
Search Volume: 1,300
SEO Difficulty: 11
- How much are realtor fees for rentals?
- How much are realtor fees for selling a house?
- How much are realtor fees in “place name”?
- House near me for sale with pool
Search Volume: 9,900
SEO Difficulty: 27
- 4 bedroom house with a pool for sale near me
- House for sale near me with pool
- Home tour virtual
Search Volume: 1,300
SEO Difficulty: 24
- 5 things to consider when asking for a virtual home tour
- 4 tips to prep a home for a 360 virtual tour
- 10 best virtual home tour companies
- Tips for home sellers
Search Volume: 1,000
SEO Difficulty: 65
- 8 home inspection tips for sellers
- Tips for selling a home with pets
- Best etiquette tips for home sellers
Now that you know what keywords to use for your content let us take you through the tools we used to assess the above keywords. These tools will be handy for researching real estate keywords further.
Keyword Research Tools
Ahrefs is a free tool that will generate keywords based on your input. In addition, it displays keyword difficulty (KD) and volume. It also shows commonly searched questions.
Ubersuggest is a free SEO tool that analyzes keywords. Under the umbrella of keyword analysis comes keyword overview consisting of search volume, SEO difficulty, paid difficulty, and cost per click. It also provides keyword ideas and content ideas, i.e., suggestions on what content to produce.
Real Estate Keyword Do’s and Don’ts
- Keywords should be strategically located throughout the content. For blogs, the focus keyword must be placed on the title, H1, the meta tags, and the meta description. It should compulsorily appear in the first paragraph and a few times in the rest of the content.
- All images and image alt tags should contain the real estate keyword. Secondary keywords can be used sparingly across the content.
- For videos, the keyword must be used in the title and a few times in the description.
- Use long-tail keywords that are extended phrases that talk about a niche topic. They have low search volume and will expose the content to your specific audience. For example, ‘The best real estate agents in Arizona.’
- Keyword stuffing is the overuse of keywords in your content. It needs to be avoided as Google can penalize you for that. Repetitive keywords also put off readers, thereby increasing the bounce rate. “Rather than filling your content with irrelevant keywords, concentrate on creating useful content that focuses on topics over keywords,” advises HubSpot.
- Don’t use fat-head keywords that are too generic in your content, for example- ‘real estate,’ as their search volume is too high, and your content will drown in the sea of search engines.
- Anchor text is the clickable text you see in a link. When you link keywords in the exact order they appear in the anchor text, they are called exact match anchor text. This is considered to be black hat SEO. Instead, use partial match anchor texts, where real estate keywords are used with other words.
In the image below, the anchor texts are real estate photography tips, professional camera, and good smartphone.
The above real estate keywords can be used across your content marketing strategy: namely website, blogs, listing pages, YouTube videos, and more. Implement them to improve your real estate SEO and rank higher in Google.
Styldod is a design tech company that aims to simplify real estate marketing and help agents present homes in their most favorable light online by reimagining and automating the listing photography process. Having begun as a virtual staging company, today, Styldod has affordable and best-in-class products and services for every facet of real estate marketing and photography. Styldod’s suite of services includes virtual staging, image enhancements, floor plans, virtual renovation, 3D renders, 360-degree virtual tours, and Matterport virtual staging, to name a few. We're trusted by over 10,000 realtors from all over the US and from companies like ReMax, Coldwell Banker, Keller Williams. Know more about us at https://www.styldod.com.