Any business, even when it comes to real estate, needs an online presence. A 2019 study by the National Association of Realtors Research Group found that 98% of potential buyers first scout the internet to look at potential homes, and 50% of them bought a house they had first scouted on the internet.
If a potential buyer is looking at houses online, first impressions count. Just imagine this scenario:
- You have got the listing of a house that you were looking forward to.
- You know it would make an excellent home for someone, and you put up photos of the property on your website.
- But the photos are of bare spaces without any furniture, and there are no clients who are interested in the site.
- This might be because potential homeowners might find it more difficult to imagine their new life in their homes.
The 2019 National Association of Realtors Research Group study also showed that website features that buyers valued the most were photos (87%), detailed information about the house (85%), and house floor plans (52%).
A survey by Zillow found nearly 80% of the buyers look forward to studying a house floor plan in a listing they're interested in, and more than 70% said a dynamic house floor plan would help them determine if they're choosing the right house as their new home.
One of the best ways to showcase a floor plan of a house is through creating a floor plan online, either in 2D or 3D.
What is a 2D floor plan?
You can define a 2D floor plan as a digital representation of architectural layout, with annotations and dimensions to indicate the location of walls, windows, ceilings, doors, and even furniture sometimes.
These plans appear as text and lines and provide a topological view. 2D floor plans are made in AutoCAD. Some architects may use Photoshop or CorelDraw.
Here are why 2D floor plans are essential:
- The 2019 study by the National Association of Realtors Research Group showed that 85% of buyers valued detailed information about potential homes when they were looking at properties on a website. A 2D floor plan will help add details to your property listing like the dimensions of rooms, location of windows, etc.
- A 2D floor plan can help potential buyers visualize the house better to help them assess if the place they're looking at will be the right home for them.
- 2D floor plans are more affordable to create as compared to 3D floor plans.
- 2D house plans can help potential homeowners visualize the house they want and understand the construction better. 2D floor plans consider the home structure, including load-bearing walls, wall types, the opening direction, and orientation of the windows and doors, which allows them to factor in renovation or remodeling costs if needed on the house.
But there are a few downsides to using 2D floor plans too. They are:
- 2D floor plans are essential for contractors and architects, but let's face it, not many potential homeowners will take time to understand the intricacies of detailed engineering and architectural terminology.
- 2D floor plans don't give potential buyers an exact idea of how their life in a new house would look. They want images as realistic as possible, which makes them say yes to a home. This is also why 2D floor plans are not the first pick for advertisements for homes -- they're necessary but too technical and not very creative.
What is a 3D floor plan?
3D floor plans help potential buyers get a better understanding of the overall project and showcase a fully furnished project so that they can visualize the actual size of each room, with furniture and accessories in place. 3D floor plans are an excellent boon for real estate agents to help their potential buyers understand how a home looks better.
Here are the pros of using 3D floor plans:
- 3D floor plans allow buyers to imagine themselves in an apartment and understand each room's measurements and size better.
- A 3D house floor plan can also show the textures, colors of the house better. You can create a virtual walkthrough of the property with virtual staging, leading to an increase in the possibility of a sale. A 2019 study by the National Association of Realtors found that 77% of realtors believed that virtual staging helped them sell a property.
- 3D floor plans can also help you showcase the key features of property listing more accurately.
But 3D staging also has its cons:
- While 3D plans are more visually appealing, they are also slightly more expensive than a 2D house floor plan.
- 3D rendering can also take a long time since all the house rooms have to be recreated completely.
Whether you're choosing a 2D house plan or a 3D house plan, one important factor to consider is choosing the right studio that can help you create an accurate yet attractive floor plan?
Choosing the right agency can make or break a deal on your property listing.
Why you should choose Styldod's 2D and 3D floor plan to redraw services
- Because it's a no-stress process.
- We have experienced technicians and experts for our projects.
- We have a quick turnaround with high-quality results.
Styldod can help you design incredible floor plans with these features:
- 2D Basic floor plan (Black & White)
- 2D Basic floor plan with furniture (Black & White)
- 2D color floor plan
- 2D color floor plan with furniture
- 3D Basic floor plan
- 3D color floor plan
- Site plan
Styldod's expertise can help you ace the real estate market through its engaging visual content backed by expertise and research.