With over 450 million active users, Pinterest's popularity is growing day-by-day. If you are a realtor who consistently creates content, the platform can be a traffic goldmine when leveraged in the right way. More than 90% of Pinterest users utilize the app to make purchase decisions. Read on to find out how to use Pinterest to generate leads that convert.
- Curate Boards According To The Needs Of Your Audience
If you think of Pinterest as just another social media platform, you are wrong. It is, in fact, an image-based search engine. That’s why one should not treat Pinterest like Instagram and Facebook. Brainstorm the needs of your audience while curating content for the platform. House hacks and gardening tips are topics almost every homeowner can relate to. By creating boards containing practical information, you can find a place in home buyers' and sellers' hearts. To create a board, follow these simple steps:
- Go to the Pinterest homepage and click the ‘+’ button on the top right corner.
- Choose the ‘Create Board’ option.
- Name your board, add collaborators, and start pinning.
- Make Navigation Easier With Hashtags
Unlike most social media sites where the life of a post is limited, content on Pinterest starts generating engagement weeks, months, and even years after posting. Hence it is important to create evergreen pins that will stand the test of time. Pinning ' The best residential areas ' in your town or 'The local fair' will be more ideal than an upcoming event in your locality. Remember to add an average of 20 relevant hashtags per pin to ensure visibility in the future. Keep reading to learn how to do keyword research on Pinterest.
This pin by branding agency Lucas & Tamer uses the right kind of hashtags to get their services to the target audience. They have also included relevant keywords that will help the brand navigate through Pinterest. By using 7 hashtags and a significant number of keywords, they have created a pin that will generate leads for them in the coming years.
- Get Creative While Marketing Properties
Photo by Jared Rice on Unsplash
As mentioned earlier, Pinterest posts may generate traffic years after posting. Hence, marketing your property directly may not be a good idea as the house might get sold off before garnering any views. Therefore, create pins titled "Luxurious Homes in LA', so that when people click on the link, they can be taken to your latest luxury listing. Categorize homes and keep creating pins for each group so that they can be updated regularly to generate leads that eventually convert into sales.
- Create a Community
Building a community on Pinterest is great for bringing people together and generating business leads. With over 335 million active users every month, there is significant scope for your followers to interact and engage with your boards and navigate their way into your website. Promoting your Pinterest on social media, following relevant Pinterest handles, reaching out to influencers, and utilizing Pinterest ads are ways to create a strong community on the platform. Pinterest contests are great to create engagement in your community. Read on to find out more about them.
- Pinterest SEO
Pinterest being a visual search engine, has its own search engine optimization rules. To escalate your performance on the platform, you need to crack its algorithm. Using relevant keywords on your profile name and bio will help you show up in search results. Optimizing keywords in your pin title and descriptions will help in increasing your ranking. To make this process easy, Pinterest has built-in an SEO tool.
- To access the Pinterest keyword tool, first create a business profile on Pinterest.
- Go to the business hub and click on ‘Ads’ and ‘Create Ad’(don’t worry, we are not going to create an ad).
- Select ‘Traffic’ as your campaign type and scroll down to view the keyword research tool.
- Start searching. The tool will show you relevant keywords along with search volume. Gather all your ideas and create a list using the ‘+’ button.
- Run Pinterest Contests
Pinterest being a highly social platform with peer-to-peer sharing is ideal for conducting contests. Contests are great for stirring engagement and building a deeper bond with your audience. Pinterest’s highly interactive audience majorly consists of women; hence it is ideal for targeting female realtors who make up 64% of the US real estate industry.
Following are a bunch of hassle-free contests you can run on Pinterest:
- Pin and Win: Give your users a range of image options to choose from and ask them to pin an image from there. This will give your content a chance to get noticed by a wider audience.
- User-Generated Content: Give your followers a topic and ask them to create pins around it. Make sure you reward the high-quality pins.
- Opinion Contests: Ask your followers to comment below your image with their opinions/feedback.